Sunday, July 22, 2012

Liebster Award!

I'm sure many of you have noticed nominations for the Liebster Award going around the blogosphere recently. I'm so excited to say that Jessie from Young Georgia Love has nominated me! Thank you so much Jessie, it's quite the honor to have a wonderful blogger like yourself have faith in my itty bitty little bloggy :) If you haven't stopped by her blog before, she has a great little corner of the internet!
So first, I'm supposed to tell you 11 things about myself and then answer the 11 questions Jessie included in her post.

11 Things You May or May Not Already Know About Me
1. I'm in a long-term long-distance relationship with my high school sweetheart. I guess you could say that we like each other?
2. Blue Moon is (currently) my favorite beer. I love beer.
3. My birthday is my favorite holiday. It's kind of a big deal...
4. I absolutely adore elephants for reasons I don't even understand. They're just adorable and everything with elephant patterns must be mine.
5. I love the color pink. A lot of little girls do, I just never grew out of it.
6. Texas will ALWAYS be my home, no matter where I live.
7. Losing my first pug, Gracie, was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. I love my new little pups, but Grace has a special spot in my heart.
8. I AM SCARED TO DEATH OF NEEDLES. Getting shots are a nightmare for me, and no matter how hard I try not to I end up acting like a child in the doctor's office. Something about the puncturing of skin terrifies me.
9. I am an instagram-aholic. Follow me (lindsayweasley)
10. Harry Potter is my incredibly unhealthy obsession. I listen to it on audiobook while I work at my internship and before I go to bed each night, I talk about it daily, and I even read fanfiction sometimes. Sometimes I'm scared how nerdy I can be about Harry Potter.
11. I love making lists and plans. Therefore, I just had a blast making this list.
11 Questions from the wonderful Jessie of Young Georgia Love
1. What made you want to start blogging?
    Well, I had admire blogs like A Beautiful Mess and The Dainty Squid for ages and loved seeing how people could just pour their creativity into a blog. It seemed so fun and so rewarding. I had tried multiple blogs before, but this is the first time I really feel like I'm getting into it!

2.What is the most detailed dream you've ever had?
   Actually a majority of my dreams are really detailed! I used to have dreams that were so real they would wake me up. For example, when I was in high school I was a club volleyball player. Volleyball was my life, my every moment, so it was only natural for it to take over my dreams as well. I would dream of the rotations and when I would have a dream I was in a game I would be reaching out for the ball and it wouldn't ever touch me so I'd wake up in panic with my arms in the "bump" position and freaking out that I was missing some game somewhere... Weird stuff.

3. What is your favorite food?
    Gah, picking favorites is always SO tough for me. I'm a pretty indecisive person. But here are my top few. I could eat popcorn every day and be totally happy. I also love putting avocado on pretty much anything. Chips and queso are a MUST for us Texans. But I guess if I HAD to pick only one, it may just be mashed potatoes made by my mom or roommate. They're the only two that have seemed to master them.

4. If you could do any one single thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Man, Jessie, you have got to stop making me pick one thing! As of right now I would have to say design work. This could easily change by tomorrow, but for today I want to be an art director/graphic designer. Although, my goal is not to be only one thing for my whole life.

5. Do you wish on stars or at 11:11, if so what for?
    I rarely do, but my friend Lexx ALWAYS does. And when I do, I can't tell you what I wish for because then it won't come true sillies!

6. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
    Definitely a dog person. More like a pug person. To be most accurate, I am a pug person who loves to use the word "meow" for no reason.

7. What type of phone do you have?
    iPhone4

8. You're going on a vacation to the beach. What do you pack?
    As many cute swimsuits, cover ups, and flip flops as possible. Possibly my hat to keep my scalp from burning and I guess I'll throw in some sunscreen. I don't burn easily but I LOVE tanning.

9. What flavor gum do you prefer?
    Just the general spearmint flavors. Lame, I know. But I love anything minty.

10. What was the last book you read?
    This is a complex question for me actually. I read a book about HTML/CSS but I hardly count that as a book. I also listen to Harry Potter audiobook at work each day and just finished Goblet of Fire. But the last book I held in my hands to read was The Girl Who Played With Fire.

11. Where's your favorite place in the world?
    Honestly, it's home. Because being with my brother, my parents, my boyfriend, and my pugs is what is most important to me.
Now time to nominate 11 people with less that 200 followers for the Liebster Award!

1. Christi Lynn at Love, Christi Lynn
2. Sammantha at Dysfunctional Ever After
3. Mrs. Grow at Love the Grows
4. Alexis/Lexx at Daydreams and Romance (She's SUPER new so say stop by and say hi!)
5. Kim at Kimberley's Quests
6. Shell at Kitty and Buck
7. Margo and Carrie at Craft Pond
8. Jess at Time for Tea
9. Courtney at Chase All Your Dreams
10. Katelyn at Written by a Ginger
11. Kate at Kate B Mcleod

Now for MY 11 questions that these lovely ladies must answer!

1. What is your favorite blog that you read?
2. Why did you decide to start blogging?
3. If money and skill did not exist or matter, what career would you choose for yourself?
4. Favorite animal? Why?
5. Books versus movies? Which would you pick if you could only have one?
6. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
7. Do you drink alcohol? If so, what's your favorite drink? If not, what's your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
8. If you could only shop in one clothing store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
9. What would your PERFECT day be like?
10. If you could meet the celebrity of your dreams, who would it be and why?
11. Do you have a quote or mantra you live by? If so, what is it? If not, why don't you?




Hope you all had a wonderful weekend xo lindsay

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! Your blog is awesome :) My birthday is also my favorite holiday (no joke!) It falls over the Canada Day long weekend, so I usually consider the whole weekend my private celebration, fireworks and all.. it gets a little ridiculous!

    Have a lovely week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome answers:) glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete