Friday, July 20, 2012

A Rant Full of Shock

This morning I woke up to the awful news about the Batman premiere in Colorado. For those of you who aren't aware of the situation, you can catch up on the events of it here.
Photo Source
I'm in shock. Truly. What truly gave me a heart attack when my mom began to tell me what had happened was knowing my little brother had gone to that same midnight premiere here. I've always loved midnight premieres and was so excited he would be going and enjoying one with his friends. My brother is 4 years younger than me, but I would still consider him one of my best friends. I cannot even begin to imagine what I would do if he had been at the theatre where this happened. 
You expect to be safe when you go to the movies, it's not somewhere you'd ever consider to be dangerous. My heart is so broken for the people who went to the movie last night thinking this same thing. And their families. How do you see something like this coming? If the movies aren't safe, where can we go and not be vulnerable to events like this? Where are we ever safe?

It's so frustrating to keep seeing horrible events like this happen again and again and again. I know that's life and it will always happen, but it kills me. I hate feeling my faith in humanity diminish little by little because there are lunatics out there who can't keep themselves from ruining lives. I'm just a little sick of it, and am just having a hard time understanding it all right now.

Please keep those involved in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I read the news and it was very sad. I wonder what had happened to people around, why they can't show some love and humanity. Hope your brother is doing fine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the midnight premiere myself last night and the entire movie (and the other batmans too) scared me because of how horrible people can be. and this morning hearing about the shooting absolutely scared me. those kinds of people aren't just in movies. its so scarey but we've gotta have faith that there are more good people out there than bad. definitely praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so shocked and seriously worried and saddened for the people who lost their lives. I almost cried when I read about it. I can't even fathom if someone I knew died like that. it's so disturbing and unsettling. :(

    on a lighter note, I just found your blog today and am so glad I did. it's absolutely lovely- can't wait to read more :)

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am extremely shocked ...still! I am saddened and upset by it all. It's so heart breaking, their families are in my thoughts :(

    ReplyDelete